Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Help with Links on IIS NT

Quote Reply
Help with Links on IIS NT
Hi,
I am new to Links; and yes, I did search through this board for help.. but I could not find what I wanted. Though it must be somewhere!
I am trying to work Links on my site (hosted by Interland, if that helps). I have no experience with running CGI scripts.
I have an NT IIS 4 server. I made all the changes asked of me in the REadme.txt file. Yet I get a 500 server error every time i go to the admin.cgi file.
If i go to the admin.cgi file (or any other cgi file for that matter) through Netscape, it gives the following error.
"%1 is not a valid Windows NT application. "

One piece of advice i seemed to get fromt he boards (when I searched) is to rename all the .cgi files as .pl. Then I will have to replace the same within the text of each file also, right? And, is this the problem (that I refer to above)?
Please help.

Devanshu Mehta

------------------
May the Force be with you
Webmaster
GalaxyFarAway.com
http://www.galaxyfaraway.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Links on IIS NT In reply to
You have just to add the ".cgi" extention exactly like the ".pl" in the application configuration of the IIS by using MMC. We have had the same problem a few months ago and this simple change correct all problem.
Quote Reply
Just call tech Support at Interland and ask them to Register .cgi extentions to perl...
Or you can place an incident report...If they tell you they are already registered, give them the error message, and tell them this error means cgi is not registered..(check it again before you call)
It will only take them a few minutes to fix this ( but they may not do it until they reset the servers(which is done every morning))You don't have to change .cgi to .pl on Interland they will fix it for you..
Quote Reply
There are instructions for doing this in the Perl/Cgi Forum that I posted two months ago.

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------