Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Exec format error: Error Number 8

Quote Reply
Exec format error: Error Number 8
I keep getting this error on all of my .html files... I don't know what the problem is:

CGIWrap encountered an error while attempting to execute this script: Error Message: Exec format error Error Number: 8 This message usually indicates there is a problem with the script itself. Often this indicates either that the #! line of the script is incorrect, or the script was uploaded in binary mode instead of ascii mode. Check to make sure that the script does not have control-M's at the end of every line. That will prevent it from executing. An easy fix that takes care of this most of the time is to put '#!/.../perl --' instead of '#!/.../perl' on the first line of the script.

If you are not the owner of this script, please forward this error and the URL that caused it to the script owner. That is often the component in the URL right after /cgiwrap/.

Server Data:

Server Administrator/Contact: webmaster@ffsu.net Server Name: www.ffsu.net Server Port: 80 Server Protocol: HTTP/1.1

Request Data:
Quote Reply
Re: [notre] Exec format error: Error Number 8 In reply to
Well, as the error indicates....is the path to Perl correct in the script?

BTW: This is in the wrong forum...but as I'm not a mod here, I can't move it.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Aug 6, 2002, 8:44 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Exec format error: Error Number 8 In reply to
Yes. I am positive that the path to perl is correct. Yet I keep getting errors.
Quote Reply
I'm assuming the script is CHMODed to 755, and the folder it is in is only set to 755 (sometiume setting to 777 can cause problems).

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Exec format error: Error Number 8 In reply to
All .html and .cgi files are CHMODed to 755. The folder it is in is CHMODed to 755 also.
Quote Reply
Hi,

It seems that the WrapCGI tried to parse your html files and caused the errors. Are there the html files in the same directory with cgi files? If 'Yes' please move them to other directory to get WrapCGI avoided parsing them

Hope that helps

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog