Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Email without line breaks

Quote Reply
Email without line breaks
Hello!

There's one problem I still have (strange, it's only with the "your link has not been added"-email, the others work):

There are no returns in the mail! I.E., it's all mailed in one line and believe me, that dosn't look good.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong? I already tried 3 times to enter all the returns once again, but nothing changed. Why the hell is it only with that one email and not with the others?

Thanks,
Denis

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Email without line breaks In reply to
Hmm...Did you edit the email-del.txt file via your browser??

Try using WordPad to edit the file if you are not editing the file online.

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
No, I edited those files via Notepad. I had the same problems already with the other two, but now they're fixed and only email-del.txt is left.

So, I tried then to edit it with Wordpad - nothing's better. Than I downloaded a third texteditor - Proton - and it's still not working.

Although I uploaded te files both binary and ASCII to find out - what's the correct way?

Denis

------------------
Quote Reply
ASCII is the ONLY mode for uploading text files!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
ASCII - yes I thought so. But, since it didn't work I also tried out binary.

Nothings working. Yesterday I completely wrote the message new with MS Outlook Email in pure text-mode - also not working!

Is it possible that there's a problem within my admin.cgi (or whatever script sends the mail, I don't remember 100% at the moment)?

Denis

------------------
Quote Reply
I really don't think so. BTW: The scripts used to send out the email notification is admin.cgi.

Have you tried simply editing the files in your web browser in the LINKS MANAGER console??? I asked this before and you said, NO. Please try editing the message through your web browser and see what happens.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com
Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Then I meant 'Yes'.

The funny thing is, that online in my admin.cgi the mail appears with all line breaks as entered - but when I make a test entry and delete it I received a 'mixed up' mail. But only when I delete it, the confirmation mails are 100% ok...

Strange.

If you would like to try it out - go here:
http://www.mopedfahrer.de
You will enter directly to our Links and can add a Link via "Seite anmelden" on the left side of the screen.
You'll know the fields except 'Stichworte' which is an additional and means keywords. Make a test entry, if you like - when I find something from Eliot I'll delete it...

:-)

[This message has been edited by Denis (edited January 21, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Then the problem is not with LINKS, but with your sendmail program or SMTP server. They are having a problem interpreting inline text from template files.

If you are using Blat Mail or WinMail, you will have to re-configure these programs to allow inline text from external template files in your email messages sent from Perl/CGI scripts.

Contact your Hosting Company or Server Administrator for assistance.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------