Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Can anyone help a beginner?

Quote Reply
Can anyone help a beginner?
I have CHMOD the directories it says in the readme. I have edited the links.cfg but when I run the /admin/admin.cgi I just get a file download window.

Why is perl so hard. Can anyone help a lowly beginner? Thanks, Simon
Quote Reply
Re: Can anyone help a beginner? In reply to
Allow the file to download and, when completed, open it up with an editor. You may find the error message causing the problem inside.
Quote Reply
Bobsie, I did what you said and this is what I get. The db.pl file IS in the directory it say it isn't.

Error including libraries: Can't locate /cgi-bin/links/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /data1/hypermart.net/linkbaron/cgi-bin/links/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/i386-bsdos/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-bsdos /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /data1/hypermart.net/linkbaron/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.</noscript>
<!-- -->
</noscript>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!--
browser = (((navigator.appName == "Netscape") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 2 )) &#0124; &#0124; ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 2 )));
if (browser) {
if (self.height) {
if (parseInt(self.height) < 167) {
var height = '167';
}
} else {
var height = '167';
}
if (!self.url) {
self.url = '';
}
if (parent.name != 'test') {
test = window.open("http://click.go2net.com/magic/adpopup?site=HM&shape=banner&border=1&area=users.Directories_Search_Engines_and_ISPs.Directory", "test", "resizable=yes,width=520,height=" + self.height);
// setTimeout("test.opener = self;", 3000);
// test.opener = self;
}
}
//-->

</SCRIPT>
Quote Reply
Near the top of admin.cgi, you will find:

Quote:
require "links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

Try changing it to point to the full path to links.cfg and see if the problem goes away. Like so:

Quote:
require "/data1/hypermart.net/linkbaron/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

I hope this helps.