Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

CGI Error --- fatal error: Modification of non-creatable array value attempted

Quote Reply
CGI Error --- fatal error: Modification of non-creatable array value attempted
fatal error: Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -3 at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\links\admin\nph-build.cgi line 1063. Perl Version : 5.008

any ideas?????

thank you

adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [alucke] CGI Error --- fatal error: Modification of non-creatable array value attempted In reply to
One possible reason is your outdated Perl version, which ideally you should be using Perl 5.5 or Perl 5.6.

Others have posted this error before...please search the Links 2.0 forums for non-creatable array value.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] CGI Error --- fatal error: Modification of non-creatable array value attempted In reply to
Thanks. I fixed the problem shortly after i posted in the forum. I have no idea what it was. I was just tinkering with the cgi file. And after that it was working.

alucke
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] CGI Error --- fatal error: Modification of non-creatable array value attempted In reply to
I am using Windows Server 2k3, with ActivePerl 5.8.0.806. I am have the same problem again. I can seem to rmember what I did to fix the problem last time.

any ideas????

alucke
Quote Reply
Re: [alucke] CGI Error --- fatal error: Modification of non-creatable array value attempted In reply to
Do you by chance have the LAST LINK MOD installed?

If so, there is a bug in that MOD.

You also need to add categories and links before building your directory.

More info:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/..._username=&mh=25
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me