Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Build Step 2 fails

Quote Reply
Build Step 2 fails
Help!

I am running the script on a third-party NT server with Active Perl installed. I have run it on my own NT server OK in the past.

The second build step fails. I get no error, except for the generic "the page could not be displayed" error. I have tried calling step 2 from the address line in the browser with no results. Everything else seems to work, except that I do not get any pages built. Help!

Regards,
Michael Vietri

Quote Reply
Re: Build Step 2 fails In reply to
What second build step are you referring to???

Possibly you have not configured your server to execute NPH files.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
When performing a staggered build, step 1 works OK. I click on "On to Step 2" and get the error. The same error occurs even if I do a build all or staggered (auto). I just wanted to isolate where the error was occuring.

I have found out more, though. I tried the operation from my PC at home and saw a generated error page saying there was a permissions error when trying to create a category folder. This does not surprise me, as I do not admin the server it is on. Here at work, I was getting no error message though, just "The page could not be displayed" message.

Now that I know what the error was I can go back to my web hosts and tell them to set permissions for me. They do not allow CHMOD commands via FTP.

Thanks for the help!
Michael Vietri

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Now that I know what the error was I can go back to my web hosts and tell them to set permissions for me. They do not allow CHMOD commands via FTP.
Then your hosting company needs to set the links/pages directory, New, Ratings, and Cool to worldwide writable. If they do not know how to do this...switch hosting companies.

Regards,

Eliot Lee