Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Almost Installed!

Quote Reply
Almost Installed!
I am new to PERL and CGI. I have downloaded Links 2.0 and used the readme file to install Links. I have walked through the installation process to the point of vewing Links in my browser. After all was said and done this is the comment I recieved in my browser;
Error including libraries: Can't locate /cgi-bin/links/cgi-bin/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

....I have found the db.pl file in my directory however I cannot find a way to correct this situation. Please give me some pointers as to what I can do to finalize the installation process in order to use Links 2.0 ....thanks.

------------------
Webmaster of http://www.vtroy.com
Quote Reply
Re: Almost Installed! In reply to
Since you left out the preceding directories to the cgi-bin directory, it was hard to decipher whether you were on a NT or not.

Anyway, please read my reply to your ORIGINAL Thread.

You will have to add the drive, like C:/ to the absolute path where your links.cfg file is located.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center