Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Admin.pl unable to display admin pages (frames)

Quote Reply
Admin.pl unable to display admin pages (frames)
I have been able to get links to work on my home pc. I have now transferred it to my isp (Vservers). I have been trying to set it up, but the administration screens which include a frameset is unable to resolve the url for the files properly, i.e src="$db_script_url?display=navigation". By the way, I was required to change all .cgi file to .pl. I don't think this is the problem. Can anyone help? I have been trying to figure this one out on my own.

Thanks in advance

Quote Reply
Re: Admin.pl unable to display admin pages (frames) In reply to
What browser are you using?

The problem could be the following:

1) You have not set-up the complete absolute paths of your virtual account in the variables in the links.cfg file.

2) You have not set-up the appropriate path to the links.cfg file in the admin.cgi file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thank you for your response. It helped me to indirectly identify my problem. I was using IE5, but by trying to access the site with Nestscape, I was able to identify that the urls could not be resolved because they were incomplete. Once again, the error was a slightly mispelled letter in links.cfg. And there I was, trying desperately not to be one of those who had not gone through links.cfg with a fine tooth comb. C'est la vie. Thanks anyway.

Quote Reply
You're welcome...

Regards,

Eliot Lee