Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Active Perl Installation Problem

Quote Reply
Active Perl Installation Problem
Having problems installing it on a WIN NT based ISP using active perl.
the error message shows that the file can not be found as i have refered the files with forward slashs and the INC makes it Backslash for windows.

How can it be fixed.
the error comes while running the admin.cgi.

Quote Reply
Re: Active Perl Installation Problem In reply to
What does the error message say? And, what file can't be found? Please be more specific. What's the Web server; IIS, Apache etc?

Martin Webster
--
Cebidae's UK Internet Resource
http://www.cebidae.co.uk/
Quote Reply
Sorry I did not explain properly.

Here is what happens.

when I try to run the admin.cgi . It does not run instead it brings the download and run from its current location WINDOWS screen. when I try to run it from its present location it just opens up a text file with the following message

Error including libraries: Can't locate links.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: c:/Perl/lib c:/Perl/site/lib .) at d:\xxx\yyy\cgi-bin\links\cgi-bin\admin\admin.cgi line 27.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

I believe that the system is IIS on Win NT and they use the Active Perl.

Regards
Hardeep

Quote Reply
You need to change the require "links.cfg" line to the following:

Code:

require "C:/InetPub/Webshare/wwwroot/account/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg";

Find out the drive and path where your account is located and replace the path and drive with the codes I've provided.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thanks a lot !!! At least the CGI has started working, I changed the admin.cgi to include the require statement for the links.cfg.

But now the errors are shown as follows

----------------------------------------
CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: syntax error at d:/webspace/xxx/cgi-bin/links/cgi-bin/admin/links.def line 29, near "Contact Name"
Compilation failed in require at d:\xxx\indianpa\cgi-bin\links\cgi-bin\admin\admin.cgi line 55.

Script Location : d:\webspace\xxx\cgi-bin\links\cgi-bin\admin\admin.cgi
Perl Version : 5.006

-------------------------------------------

Note that this is the standard installation, I have not changed anything in the links.def.

I have already been using the links successfully on unix host.

Is it the 'Contact Name' and 'Contact_Name' which is causing the problem in NT. As for definening the links we seem to be using 'Contact_Name' but elsewhere Contact Name is being used.

Thanks for your help
Regards

Quote Reply
You need to use either 'Contact Name' OR Contact_Name globally between all your scripts and template files.

Regards,

Eliot Lee