Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

A lot of smtp-questions here, but no answers!

Quote Reply
A lot of smtp-questions here, but no answers!
Hi there, searching for how to send email to smtp on nt i ve found a lot of questions but no real answer. They talk about using mailer.pm, about blat and so on !???

Now for me problem and my ask for help:
We have run an nt as web- and dns-server (NT4, SP4, OP4); there is a linux-mail-server to inhouse.
All i need, as i belive, is to set the right path to my smtp, so it can send the mails to the mailserver and from there everything should be ok. If i understand the smtp-docs right this prog donīt pop my mails but can send it to another place, isnt it so?

Hope to hear from you.

BTW; Great work Alex, and great work from active state; i hadnīt believed that perl could really run on my NT; but after 5 Minutes and 10 for Links, we have a wonderful informationsystem inside our company where everybody could insert infos, programs and :-) mp3s ...
Quote Reply
Re: A lot of smtp-questions here, but no answers! In reply to
You need to find your smtp server address.
(Usually smtp.yourserver.com) and insert it into the links.cfg file as is specified in the README.TXT file.

------------------
$blah='82:84:70:77';
print chr($_) foreach (split/:/,$blah);
Quote Reply
Re: A lot of smtp-questions here, but no answers! In reply to
Yes, it is. Unfortunately the smtp wont send the mail to my mail-server and i dont understand why i cant find an entry for the data i used to send and fetch mail from the clients to the mailserver.