Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

builds all but I get 500 error

Quote Reply
builds all but I get 500 error
Hello,

I've installed links 2.0 on other server - without any problems. But now... it's a server only allows .pl-file names. I've renamed all cgi into pl and I hope that I've found all places in the HTML-outputs too, where to rename cgi into pl.

All public cgi (pl) seem to work fine (add, subsribe, jump).

Admin too: I can add and modify categories, links etc.

But nph-build, nph-email and nph-verify don't work correctly.

when I click "build all" in the admin screen, I get the 500 error.

the crazy thing is: the script builds the backup, the pages, the new-page etc. well. But it shows me the error message.

nph-email shows me, who has subscribed, but doesn't send out the message - 500 error...

nph-verify the same - 500 error...

Can anybody help me...

Thank you,

Stephan

Quote Reply
Re: builds all but I get 500 error In reply to
Do you have access the server log? This will give you more information. Clearly, the problems is something fundemental; the script cannot run because there is an error at runtime. Check the basics: path to Perl, paths, permissions, etc.

Also, are you sure that you need to change the extensions to .pl on all files? The .pl files are includes and not run directly.

Martin Webster
--
Cebidae's UK Internet Resource
http://www.cebidae.co.uk/
Quote Reply
Hello,

thanks for your answer.

I don't have access to the log file. It's a discounter with not the best support ... :-(
I'm sure, that the pathes and permissions are right.
And: to see, if I'm wrong, I've installed the same system on another server: It took me only half of an hour and all functions were working well.

Change cgi to pl: At first I'd installed all as cgi. then the problem appeared. Then I saw in the faq of the server, that I have to rename them all into pl. The problem kept the same.

I'm going to get crazy.

Stephan

Quote Reply
Most likely your server does not ALLOW NPH files to execute...so, change all the NPH-* file names to something without the NPH. In addition, there are TWO FAQs that address this issue in the RESOURCE CENTER!

Regards,

Eliot Lee