Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
db.pl problem
My server is not locating db.pl. I have tried all combinations for addresses in $db_script_path and $build_root_path.

The URL yo my links.cfg is:

http://e1-capital.com/cgi-bin-links/admin/links.cfg.

The error message I'm receiving is:

Error including libraries: Can't locate /home/e1-capital/cgi-bin/links/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

------------------
Pat
Quote Reply
Re: db.pl problem In reply to

Quote:
Error including libraries: Can't locate /home/e1-capital/cgi-bin/links/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 28.

That error message does not look complete. The "at admin.cgi" part should include a path with admin.cgi. Please cut and paste the actual error message.

Also, please include the first 5 paths/URLs in your links.cfg.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited May 10, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Actual error message (cut and paste per your request):

Error including libraries: Can't locate /home/e1-capital/cgi-bin/links/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 28. Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

First 5 paths from links.cfg (cut and paste):

PATH and URL of Admin CGI directory. No Trailing Slash.
$db_script_path = "/home/e1-capital/cgi-bin/links/admin";
$db_dir_url = "http://e1-capital.com/cgi-bin/links/admin";

# URL of User CGI directory. No Trailing Slash.
$db_cgi_url = "http://e1-capital.com/cgi-bin/links";

# PATH and URL of Pages to be built. No Trailing Slash.
$build_root_path = "/home/e1-capital/links/pages";
$build_root_url = "http://e1-capital.com/links/pages";

# PATH and URL of What's New page. No Trailing slash.
$build_new_path = "$build_root_path/New";
$build_new_url = "$build_root_url/New";

# PATH and URL of What's Cool page. No Trailing slash.
$build_cool_path = "$build_root_path/Cool";
$build_cool_url = "$build_root_url/Cool";

Thanks for trying to help!

------------------
Pat
Quote Reply
In admin.cgi, have you tried changing:

Quote:
require "links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

to

Quote:
require "/home/e1-capital/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
I have made the suggested change to the admin.cfg. The following error message is now appearing (cut and pasted):

Error including libraries: Can't locate /home/e1-capital/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 27. Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

The admin.cfg was changed as follows (cut and paste):

require "/home/e1-capital/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg";

Any new suggestions?

Thanks again!

Pat

------------------
Pat
Quote Reply
The obvious, and maybe dumb, question is, is links.cfg in that directory? If it is and the path is correct (no misspellings or omitted directories), then I do not know what the problem is. It should find it if you point directly to it like that. Do the file permissions on links.cfg permit world reading?

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited May 11, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thanks for the help.

Yes to your response, the file exists and I reset all permissions (again).

Same error message.

I think I'll just give this program a rest for a while.

Thanks anyway.

------------------
Pat