Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Premature end of script headers?

Quote Reply
Premature end of script headers?
When I try and run the script I get the nasty 500 error. Looking at my logs, I see:

[Tue Jul 20 20:15:59 1999] access to /usr/local/www/net-outermos/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi failed for 209-239-217-230.lax.jps.net, reason: Premature end of script headers

Another wierd thing I noticed, when I unzipped the package, all but two files were in ASCII. The site_html.pl and site_html_templates.pl were both in BINARY. Could this be causing a problem, and if so, where can I get them in ASCII? I tried downloading the whole zip file again, but they were still BINARY.

Thanks in advance,
Blake Kunisch
blake@outermost.net

My admin.cgi
www.outermost.net/admin_cgi.txt

My links.cfg
www.outermost.net/links_cfg.txt
Quote Reply
Re: Premature end of script headers? In reply to
You just upload them in ASCII mode and chmod them to 755, it should be fine. Make sure the first line is pointing at the right path of your server perl program as well.
Quote Reply
Everything was uploaded in ASCII, however, the two files mentioned above were downloaded in BINARY.

Where can I get these two files for ASCII download?

-Blake
Quote Reply
Can someone tell me if this problem is related to the installation of Links? I'm receiving a "500 Internal Server Error" when updating my site:

ERROR LOG MESSAGE:

httpd: [Wed Jul 21 13:16:04 1999] [error] [client 24.1.116.42] Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/frontpage/version4.0/apache-fp/_vti_bin/fpexe

SERVER INFORMATON:

FrontPage Server
Extension version: 4.0.2.2717

Server version: Apache/1.3.4(Unix) mod_perl/1.20 FrontPage/4.0.4.3 PHP/3.0.7

My problem is slightly different from the above in that Links appears to be working correctly for me.

How have you resolved this issue?

Thanks,
Jim