Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Can someone help my ISP install LWP

Quote Reply
Can someone help my ISP install LWP
 lloyd@lloyd.co.nz

My comments

Can you install
Library for WWW access in Perl or Libwww-perl?

Lloyd's comments
Ok im looking into it now, from what I am reading it may not be usable with SSL certs without a patch (looking into that as well).

Please email lloyd@lloyd.co.nz

------------------
Best Regards
Danny de Hek www.danny.co.nz/danny.html (Diary) www.scripts.co.nz/diary

New Zealand's Information Network www.newzealandnz.co.nz
PenPals Club www.penpals.co.nz
Electronic Postcard www.scripts.co.nz/postcards

Email: danny@danny.co.nz Ph +64 3 36 55652 Cellular: 025 961 652 Office fax: +64 3 351 4652 Mobile Fax: 08 326 1095

Snail mail: P O Box 2275 Christchurch New Zealand

CAUTION: This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged or subject to copyright. If it is not addressed to you, please immediately contact us at our cost and do not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain any of it without our authority.

Quote Reply
Re: Can someone help my ISP install LWP In reply to
If your ISP does not know how to compile Perl modules, you really need to find a new hosting company/ISP. Tell them to access www.cpan.org and read the documentation about LWP.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply

From Lloyd

ok checked and it will not work with SSL making it a problem as we run both servers for you on the one machine. To implement would require adding a machine just to do the SSL which is costly as there are only 4 SSL clients on this machine.

Its not practicle at this point, and has a few bugs ill send a message to the creator and see if he can give me some ways to make it stable.

------------------
Best Regards

Email: danny@danny.co.nz Ph +64 3 36 55652 Cellular: 025 961 652 Office fax: +64 3 351 4652 Mobile Fax: 08 326 1095

CAUTION: This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged or subject to copyright. If it is not addressed to you, please immediately contact us at our cost and do not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain any of it without our authority.

Quote Reply
Can anyone help him?

Just read some more of this message.

Its not a compiling problem, I wish it was. I read through the entire Cpan docs thats why it concerns me, its not the library thats the problem its that it can make the server unstable and I do not want on my head all your clients crashing just to get an unstable bit of code working. We already run perl 5.000 on the server.

its not just a matter of installing libwww we need the following as well

Digest::MD5 0 not found at (eval 1) line 221.
HTML::HeadParser 0 not found at (eval 1) line 221.
MIME::Base64 2.1 not found at (eval 1) line 221.
FTP 2.4 not found at (eval 1) line 221.
URI 1.03 not found at (eval 1) line 221.

All must be compiled and installed before libwww can be installed.

Im looking at a full day to do it, if its not in beta stage and if the bugs are fixed.

the problem im having with Cpan is as follows
Help

No modules found matching 'MIME-Base64'

and its happening for half the libraries we need to install libwww

------------------
Best Regards

Quote Reply
Solution...SWITCH HOSTING COMPANIES!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
15,000 pages and I just SWITCH HOSTING COMPANIES Great idea! why didn't I think that.

New Zealand it cost heaps to host within New Zealand my ISP is good (after SWITCH HOSTING COMPANIES 6 time in the last 2 years)

He has now installed Library for WWW access in Perl

------------------
Best Regards

Quote Reply
Good. Hey...don't get testy with me...I am trying to help. And the plain fact of the matter is that if your hosting company cannot compile software for their clients to use, then that it is NOT a good sign in terms of server resources and technical support.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Thanks for your help Wink you are a winner!