Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Please Help - Web Host Upgraded to Apache - Nothing Works

Quote Reply
Please Help - Web Host Upgraded to Apache - Nothing Works
Hi, I have been using my links 2.0 successfully for years until my web host decided to upgrade to Apache. Now, none of my links work. I can't get to my admin.cgi file to administer, and all my visitors are complaining. I figured I needed to upgrade the path in my links.cfg file so I put in my new path that looks like /usr/local/apache/htdocs/mywebsite. Still nothing works. Is there another file I need to update for the new path to my files?

Thanks for your help

Josh
Quote Reply
Re: [jbogart] Please Help - Web Host Upgraded to Apache - Nothing Works In reply to
Have you update the db_script_path and build_root_path variables yet?

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Please Help - Web Host Upgraded to Apache - Nothing Works In reply to
Have you up dated your perl path, maybe this has changed too.

i.e.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
Quote Reply
Re: [jbogart] Please Help - Web Host Upgraded to Apache - Nothing Works In reply to
what are the actual errors you are getting, if any?

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] Please Help - Web Host Upgraded to Apache - Nothing Works In reply to
Thanks for the posts. I have a 404 error file that reverts me back to my front page. So, I am ending up at my start page. I have updated the paths in config.cfg but it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Josh
Quote Reply
Do you have a "default" file for your folders specified in your ROOT .htaccess file?

The problem is that since you may not have a default file specified, then the file is not found if you to the CATEGORY folder without a file name and extension.

Example:

Quote:

DirectoryIndex index.shtml index.html

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Please Help - Web Host Upgraded to Apache - Nothing Works In reply to
My .htaccess only has 404, 403, etc. error links defined. How do I define my main page?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Uh...I already gave you the codes you need. Look in my last reply...copy those red codes and paste them into your .htaccess file!
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me