Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Can Someone help, please

Quote Reply
Can Someone help, please
I can seem to get the actual links to show up on the catagories page. Everything seems to build fine with no problem, but no listing of the actual links in the catagory page. That is, the catagory file that is created is always zero K,regardless of the number of links in catagory database. I'm I missing something, like a bad setting in links.cfg file. Any help anyone.

Thanks,
Joe
Quote Reply
Re: [clinks] Can Someone help, please In reply to
what does your category.html file look like?

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] Can Someone help, please In reply to
Thnks for the feedback, but I can't find any catagory template in my template floder, so i'm assuming the program is creating the file itself. It's just a blank file. I'm I suppose to create a templete file, if so, please point me in the right direction as to what the template is suppose to look like. Take a look :
http://www.lsc.org/services/links/pages/
Quote Reply
You had no copy of category.html in your templates folder? Are you using templates or site_html.pl ???

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Can Someone help, please In reply to
Thanks, I finally see the light. I'd know you had to select a template... $build_use_templates = 1; but I did not define any template. Thanks for the heads-up.

If I can only find out how to define my own template?

Thanks again,
Joseph
Quote Reply
No problem. For your next question, are you meaning how to create a non-links page that is built via Links 2 when you do the building process?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!