Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Problems with installing links2 on a apache server......pls help!

Quote Reply
Problems with installing links2 on a apache server......pls help!
Error including libraries: Can't locate /www.webplakat.at/cgi-bin/links/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/bweb/perl/lib/5.00503/aix /usr/local/bweb/perl/lib/5.00503 /usr/local/bweb/perl/lib/site_perl/5.005/aix /usr/local/bweb/perl/lib/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

I get this message...
Dont know how i can change the settings from @INC..... i have /usr/bin/perl.....
have changed all i mean...but it dont works...
Tx for helping.....
Quote Reply
Re: Problems with installing links2 on a apache server......pls help! In reply to
I ve looked for all the topics here....
Looks like i have a false link in my admin.cgi.......

But when i type in the absolute path....
it never finds the links.cfg!!!

Error including libraries: Can't locate www.webplakat.at/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/bweb/perl/lib/5.00503/aix /usr/local/bweb/perl/lib/5.00503 /usr/local/bweb/perl/lib/site_perl/5.005/aix /usr/local/bweb/perl/lib/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 27.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

Pls help me, its frustrating!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Problems with installing links2 on a apache server......pls help! In reply to
What path are you using for the links.cfg file in the require line in the admin.cgi file?

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Thanx so much much fro your fasf replay Eliot....

I hope i have fixed the prob meanwhile....
It took a lot of hours....

My path is now:

$db_script_path = "/usr/local/bweb/apache/virtuals/www.webplakat.at/cgi-bin/links/admin";

I know that many have this prob....
They couldnt find the real path without contact to the hoster or telnet.....

Here is my tip to find out:

I modifyed this line e.g.:

require = $db_script_path/db.pl

to

require = db.pl

This worked, cause the script found the links.cfg.....
As i started the script modyfied, there was an error, too........but i got a list from all settings....including the right path.....
So i could fix the problem....
Hope it works.....

Thanks again.....

Quote Reply
Good...Glad you got it to work.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center