Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

NPH Build error - What else?

Quote Reply
NPH Build error - What else?
I can log into admin ok, create categories... but when I attempt to 'Build All' I get this error:

Backing up database . . .
Backup exists for today.. Skipping
Done.

Building URL Index . . .
Done.

Updating New and Popular Records . . .
What's New Cutoff: 14 days
Popular Cutoff: 2 hits
CGI ERROR==========================================Error Message : Error building! Links database is 0 bytes!Script Location : /home/simco/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgiPerl Version : 5.00503
Permissiona are fine, i've double checked 'em on the nph-build file and it's fine. I haven't made any changes in the scripts other than the config file and setting proper path to perl.Help?
Quote Reply
Re: [SimCoWeb] NPH Build error - What else? In reply to
You need at leat one category and link in order to build. Did you read the readme?

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] NPH Build error - What else? In reply to
I did have 2 links plus 9 categories in the db. However, i've got that part fixed. Now the problem is that the links to the various components don't work correctly. In the config file it states to 'leave the / mark off' the path statements. But, when I click on the link to Top Rated, New, etc. they come up like this:

http://www.mysite.com/links/New

But it needs the '/' mark on the end or it goes to a 404 error. If I manually place it on the end of the URL it's fine. Any idea on that one?
Quote Reply
well edit your templates...

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
?? Edit the templates? I'm doing that anyway. But why fix 20 + templates with 5 links each that are missing the '/' mark when there's possibly an answer as to why it didn't include the '/' mark during the build?

Also, wouldn't future builds cause those to revert back?
Quote Reply
Quote:
But why fix 20 + templates with 5 links each that are missing the '/' mark when there's possibly an answer

Which do you think is easier: going through a few thousand lines of code across multiple programs to change the default behavior or editing 20 fifty line templates?

Quote:
Also, wouldn't future builds cause those to revert back?
No... why would you think that?

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
If we're discussing the theory of 'path of least resistance' then i'd choose for the program to create the proper links with the '/' mark as it should. But, we're discussing the world of software across multiple platforms in a world that's not perfect. :D

I'll edit the templates to rectify the problem. Thanks for the input, Philip.