Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Links showing 404 error

Quote Reply
Links showing 404 error
I have installed Links2.0 successfully, NOT modified any of the templates, added a category, added two links. When I go to the main category page the category names show up and also list a link in each. However, when I click on the category 'link' I get 'page not found' error.

In Admin, I checked the links and all were successful. Please advise as to why the 'page not found' error message when trying to access the Category.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Reply
Re: Links showing 404 error In reply to
When you click the link where is it taking you?....What URL shows up in your browser location bar?

Paul
Installations:http://wiredon.net/gt/
Support: http://wiredon.net/forum/

Quote Reply
1) Did you "build" your directory? (by clicking on the Build All option).

2) Have the specified the $build_extension variable in your links.cfg file to be a DEFAULT file extension that your server is configured to READ as a DEFAULT file extension??? (like .html, .shtml, etc.)

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi Paul:

Thanks for your reply. I was up until the wee hours of the night and fixed the problem. Turns out the template mods I downloaded from the resource center were set up to point to a completely different directory than where I created.

For the benefit of any viewers of this post, all modified templates will need to be altered in regards to the links to your page directory.

Quote Reply
Hi Eliot:

Thanks for your reply. I was up until the wee hours of the night and fixed the problem. Turns out the template mods I downloaded from the resource center were set up to point to a completely different directory than where I created.

For the benefit of any viewers of this post, all modified templates will need to be altered in regards to the links to your page directory.

I did, however, check that sequence in the .cfg file and it was correct. Thanks for your help!