Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Install error...Please help

Quote Reply
Install error...Please help
I have uploaded all of the files into the proper directories and double checked the permissions on all files. I have also went through the links.cfg file several times to double, triple check the appropriate paths are correct. However, I continue to recieve this error when trying to run the admin.cgi script for the first time.

Error including libraries: Substitution pattern not terminated at links.cfg line 136.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

I am unsure as to what it is talking about when it says substitution pattern. I have tried replacing the variables with absolute paths in the admin.cgi script but it produced the same error. I have also checked to make sure II have the correct path to Perl and I re-uploaded the files again in double checking that I uploaded them in ASCII mode. I have searched this forum for the substitution error but was unable to come up with any helpful information on the topic. I am pasting my part of my links.cfg file which includes line 136. Line 136 is the line for $build_site_title variable which I would not think would cause this error as it should just be printing this info to the screen. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem please let me know. This script looks wonderful from the demo and I would really like to get it to work.

Here is lines 110 through 143 of my links.cfg file:

# The script can now break up category pages that have more then x
# number of links in it. It will also create next and previous links
# to help navigate. Set this to 1 if you want to break up pages or 0 if
# you want to have only one page per category.
# Setting this to one, will also break up the What's New pages into
# per day sections (not affected by number of links per page).
$build_span_pages = 1;

# Number of links per page.
$build_links_per_page = 10;

# Detailed View: The script can build a single html page per link. This is
# great if you have a review in your database. To enable, you must set
# the directory where all the pages will be stored, the url to that directory
# and set the enable option.
$build_detailed = 0;
$build_detail_path = "$build_root_path/Detailed";
$build_detail_url = "$build_root_url/Detailed";

# Use Templates: instead of editing site_html.pl, you can edit regular html pages
# encoded with special <%links_tags%>. It's not as flexible as site_html.pl, but it
# may be easier.
$build_use_templates = 1;

# Site Title, the default title to use. You should really spend some time customizing
# the directory though!
$build_site_title = 'Baricrazi's Barbershop Directory';

# Date Routines
# --------------------------------------------------------
# Your date format can be whatever you like, as long as the following
# two functions are defined &date_to_unix and &unix_to_date:
# The default is dd-mmm-yyyy.

Also if I change the path to links.cfg in the admin.cgi script to the full absolute path it returns the following error.

Error including libraries: Can't locate /web/sites/78/baricrazy/www.barbershop.f2s.com/cgi-bin/links/adminlinks.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.005 /usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5 .) at admin.cgi line 27.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

If you can be of assistance in helping me with this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Greg Brown
Quote Reply
Re: Install error...Please help In reply to
This:
Code:
$build_site_title = 'Baricrazi's Barbershop Directory';
Should be:
Code:
$build_site_title = 'Baricrazi\'s Barbershop Directory';
Or:
Code: