Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Help, I lost 150 links :(

Quote Reply
Help, I lost 150 links :(
Yesterday, when I did a build, I expected the count to finally hit 400. Oddly, it only hit 300+.

Right now it's at 339 yet I just added link 472.

Checking the categories, I am missing a ton of links I had already added in.

Where did they go?

Edit: Looking at links.db it goes from 291 to 422 ...... I've lost 130 links and can't retrieve those :(

(there was a corrupt entry that obliterated 130 links, which I've since deleted)

Somehow I've managed to combine 3 files -- 3 different links.db files to form one large one with all 472 links in it.

Please -- tell me it's possible to put this page into the script somehow and have it show up on my main page and in my admin area. Please

Also -- the links I added today are showing up but in the order I added them. Ordinarily when I add new links they show up in alphabetical order

I'd like to be alone in a room, and enjoy the company.

Last edited by:

hairy: Dec 7, 2003, 1:05 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [hairy] Help, I lost 150 links :( In reply to
Quote:
Edit: Looking at links.db it goes from 291 to 422 ...... I've lost 130 links and can't retrieve those :(

Can you not restore it from a previous backup file? Look in your cgi-bin/links directory for the backup folder. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Help, I lost 150 links :( In reply to
Thanks, I actually had to take 3 backups -- the one before the crash, during the crash, and after -- and combine them into one huge file.

Still not sure why it corrupted like that

I'd like to be alone in a room, and enjoy the company.