Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Can't find template...

Quote Reply
Can't find template...
Well... I can't believe I'm asking this. I've installed Links with no problems several times. However...

Last week I set up Linux on my home computer, and have set up a dummy copy of my web sites so I can work on them locally. The copy of Links is an exact duplicate of the setup that's running live on my domain and that works properly.

When I try to Build All, it goes through creating the detailed pages and the home page, but when it gets to building categories it gets stuck. It tells me that Template.pm can not locate category.html on line 41. It appears to be looking in the right place for the template (same location as the detailed and home page templates) and permissions/ownership of the category.html is the same as it is for the templates that are working correctly as well. I can't figure out what's going wrong. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Phoenix
Quote Reply
Re: Can't find template... In reply to
Nevermind! Problem solved. I use a couple different category templates, so I have them called by a field in the categoy.db. Somehow or other, I ended up with trailing spaces on some lines in my category.db, and so it wasn't looking for "category.html" but rather "category.html ". Removing the trailing spaces fixed it up.

Phoenix