Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

target="_new" ?

Quote Reply
target="_new" ?
Hi all.
I have installed Links successfully, and it serves two functions. One half links to a bunch of archived photos, sound clips etc, the other is regular links. The whole thing is in a frame, and I need to show all the end urls of one section (top/files) inline, while the other (top/links) should be opened in a new browser to avoid showing other sites within my frameset. Any ideas? The url is http://www.counterilluminati.com if you want to see what I did. You'll see one button marked F!LES for the inline data, and the other L!NKS for the externasl links. The only answer I have so far is to run separate instances of Links...
Quote Reply
Re: target="_new" ? In reply to
The way I would do this is to add a field to your links database (a yes/no field where Yes means display in frame and no means display in separate window or vice versa).

Then you could modify the sub build_url_index in nph-build.cgi to include a field in url.db ('target="ciamain"' if the link should be in the frame and 'target="_blank"' if the link should be in a separate window or, you could just add the same yes/no field to url.db).

You would then need to modify jump.cgi to use the "target" or yes/no field stored in url.db.

Just some thoughts with little specifics but I hope this helps.

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/
goodstufflists.home.ml.org/

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited January 17, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: target="_new" ? In reply to
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.