Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
tags
I am having a problem w/ this tag: <%grand_total%>. It does not work for me.. Plesae goto: http://www.martialimports.com. Please advise w/ correct html line. TIA!

Quote Reply
Re: tags In reply to
Make sure that you have the following tag definition in your sub site_html_home routine in the site_html_templates.pl file:

Code:

grand_total => $grand_total

This cannot be defined as a global tag since it is ONLY defined in the sub build_home_page routine in the nph-build.cgi file. So, the <%grand_total%> tag should NOT be defined in the %globals hash at the top of the file.

Got it?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I assume that means I can not use that particular tag on the frontfage.

Here's my next problem..For whatever reason, no links show up under a certain category. If you goto Chinese Arts- there is expose to be one link listed. Nothing appears? Am I missing something?
Thanks.

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I assume that means I can not use that particular tag on the frontfage.
I don't know what a frontfage is, but you can only use the grand_total tag in your MAIN Links HOME PAGE!

In Reply To:
Here's my next problem..For whatever reason, no links show up under a certain category. If you goto Chinese Arts- there is expose to be one link listed. Nothing appears? Am I missing something?
Thanks.
Yep...and there is a FAQ about TAG PROBLEMS in the Resource Center (which is the first place to check before searching the forum and THEN posting questions if you can't find any answers)....

Your problem is that your tags are probably on the same line when they should be on SEPARATE lines....

Either use the following codes:

Code:

<%if links%>
<%links%>
<%endif%>

OR download and install the Enhanced Template.pm codes found in the Resource Center, and then you can have tags on the same line, like the following:

Code:

<%if links%><%links%><%endif%>

Regards,

Eliot Lee