Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

recreate validate.db

Quote Reply
recreate validate.db
how do i re-create validate.db? i uploaded a blank txt file named validate.db and that didnt work. can anyone help?
Quote Reply
Re: recreate validate.db In reply to
Uh...You also have to change the permission of the validate.db file to 666 (rw-rw-rw-).

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Im not using unix im using nt.
Quote Reply
Right...So, through FTP change the permissions of the file to:

Owner: Read, Write
Group: Read, Write
Everyone: Read, Write

(rw-rw-rw-)

Haven't you changed permissions on other files and directories, or is this your VERY first perl/cgi script you have installed in your web account?

Also, since you are still experiencing Installation problems, you should REALLY post your problem in the NT Installation Forum!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited January 09, 2000).]
Quote Reply
i know how to set permissions on files. you dont set file permissions with nt. i know how to program perl and asp im not to familiar with this script thats all. i have installed it and ran it already. its holding very well @ http://msod.awpweb.com. the current problem i am experiancing is the validate.db. i have narrowed it down to this single file. all i am asking now is what is inside of the validate.db? what does it look like on the inside, thats the question, not how to set permissions. thanks.
Quote Reply
Uh...You can set permissions of files and directories either via FTP or NT Explorer.

For example, via NT Explorer, the permissions should be:

IWAM/MACHINENAME = Read, Write
IUSR/MACHINENAME = Read, Write
Everyone = Read, Write

SET THE validate.db to the SAME permissions you have for links.db.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
no no my host not my machine. my host is nt not my os. you dont set permissions on files with a nt host.
Quote Reply
You are really confused, I think. You can set permissions on a NT host. At this point, I would recommend contacting your server administrator for assistance, and also learning something about file and directory permissions on NT.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------