Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

problem with validation emails

Quote Reply
problem with validation emails
A couple of problems with the validation emails that are sent after the admin either rejects or accepts a link:

1. No email is sent when a link validates.
2. The emails aren't formatted properly, my line breaks are gone.

Regarding the first problem, where do I go to turn email on for accepted links? For the second problem, when using the template editor my line breaks didn't stay, so I did the writing in a text editor and re-uploaded the files with no luck. What else can I do in order to preserve my line breaks?

Can someone help me?

Quote Reply
Re: problem with validation emails In reply to
1) $db_email_add --> links.cfg

2) You should simply use hard returns in the online template editor...using notepad or wordpad and then uploading the files to your server is not the solution.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
$db_email_add is now set to 1

hard returns in the template editor don't do the trick either

anymore ideas for me?

thanks!

Quote Reply
I've never experienced this. As long as the email-add.txt and email-del.txt templates are correctly formatted then the emails should have that same formatting.

Installs:http://wiredon.net/gt
FAQ:http://www.perlmad.com

Quote Reply
I know... it's really odd. I'm fairly familiar with Links, but have never played around with the features that let users submit their own links before. Now that I am, the last thing I expected to have a problem with was the formatting of template emails!

I downloaded the original Links 2.0 source code and gave it a shot with their email-del.txt. This doesn't even have proper line breaks.

Any more ideas? Somebody must have experienced similar problems before.

Thanks! Ryan

Quote Reply
Things still aren't working. Why is this happening? I have tried everything. Can someone tell me which subroutine sends these emails so I can just pull out the code for templates and put the email text in the sub?

Thanks, Ryan

Quote Reply
Sorry to keep adding to my thread, but can someone please help?