Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

nph-email.cgi Problem

Quote Reply
nph-email.cgi Problem
It's just plain not running. I've checked it over & over and see nothing wrong. I made sure I had sendmail set properly and everything. *sigh*

Quote Reply
Re: nph-email.cgi Problem In reply to
Most likely your server does not execute NPH files, check the FAQs about RAQ servers and NPH files in the Resource Center.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
The other nph-whatever.cgi files run with no problems.
Quote Reply
Again...try using the codes provided for the NPH files in the nph-email.cgi. Another problem could be with the number of subcribers you have. I noticed that over 1,000 or so subcribers, the nph-email.cgi times out. That is why I am using another mass email script.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
I'm about to try something right now. It's not that I have to many people on the list. In fact, it's only me on the list right now. I just installed this thing the other day. This seems to be the only bug I'm having with it.

Quote Reply
Well putting a # on a line in sub main like a page in the resource center said to do didn't help. *sigh This is getting to be a pain. I'm about to just use a seperate mailing list too. Althought I would rather have it all in one.

Quote Reply
Welp...another suggestion is to carefully and thoroughly search the Forum Archives since others have experienced problems with the Mail script as well...I have given you all the suggestions I have at this time.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
I don't suppose you could make a copy of nph-email.cgi that works in .txt format for me? If not, I give up! I don't need the nph-email.cgi THAT badly. Thanks for tring to help...

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I don't suppose you could make a copy of nph-email.cgi that works in .txt format for me?
Why would I do that? I have not made any changes to the file....it is the same as the one I downloaded with Links 2.0 a year and half ago. Wink So, it would basically sending you the same copy of the script you already have.

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee