Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

nph-build try to download files?

Quote Reply
nph-build try to download files?
I set up the "category like yahoo" and when I click on "build all/staggered/staggered auto" it try to download the file nph-build.cgi instead of executing it. This file is chmod 755.

What to do?

Quote Reply
Re: nph-build try to download files? In reply to
1) Download the file.
2) Open the file in a text editor.
3) Read the error message.

And if the error message does not make sense, then post your question in the Links 2.0 Customization Forum where problems or questions of formal modifications and code hacks should be posted.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thanks, I assume that it is not possible to extend this time out?
Is there another way to get a lot of mod's to work?

Thanks again
Mike

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks, I assume that it is not possible to extend this time out?
You can contact your hosting company and ask them to increase your CPU timeout rate OR execute your nph-build.cgi via telnet, which is faster and uses a lot less CPU than via HTTP (your web browser). For more information on building your directory via telnet, search the Links 2.0 Forums for build telnet.

In Reply To:
Is there another way to get a lot of mod's to work?
I don't understand completely want you mean. I presume that you mean adding a bunch of Mods successfully into your Links 2.0 site. I would recommend contacting one of the Installers in the Resource Center.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Hello Elliot,

Thanks for your excellent help in this forum. I've gained alot from your replies to other forum posters.

I'd like to be able to build my directory via Telnet and I have searched the entire forum for the phrase "build telnet" and the only post that comes up is the one in this thread. Can someone refer me to instructions on how to do this properly?

Thanks,

David

Quote Reply
I would recommend using the following search options in the forum's search form:

1) Forums: ALL
2) Keywords: build telnet
3) Search Options: And
4) Date Range: All posts
5) Number of Hits: 500

Trust me...codes have been posted MORE than ONCE in MANY of the forums in the Support Forum site.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks Elliot, I'll continue my search using your suggestions. ~ David