Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

no index created in a category

Quote Reply
no index created in a category
Hi there.

I recently created a new category structure for my directory. all seams to be well exept for one category that does not contain an index page???

I have browsed the directories using ftp and all seams to be ok

domain.com/category

domain.com/category/subcategory

when i co go domain.com and clickon the category i get 404 error..on ftp there is no index file within the category. I have removed my links directory and re-built the lot..same problem.. any ideas???
Quote Reply
Re: [clickforchoice] no index created in a category In reply to
What is the permission of that category folder? If it's not 777, then probably there is a permission issue with building the index file.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] no index created in a category In reply to
I did a double check and the folder /links/ (renemed to /dir/) is 777 and the category folder is set 777. I once again delired te lot and did a new build...still only that category that does not have an index file.
Quote Reply
check and make sure the category exists with "check cat" in the admin panel. I've noticed this problem before, where I created subcategories but forgot to make root categories.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [sponge] no index created in a category In reply to
thanks for the hint...i double checked and it does exist as a category. Even when browsing with an ftp program the categiries are tere just no index file within the category :(
Quote Reply
Okay, so it's there. What is the folder permission of that category folder??
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] no index created in a category In reply to
777 on the folder that contains all the directories (links) and 777 on the category it's self?