Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

jump.cgi & rankem.cgi are causing "Zombie Processes" to go off the roof

Quote Reply
jump.cgi & rankem.cgi are causing "Zombie Processes" to go off the roof
jump.cgi & rankem.cgi are causing "Zombie Processes" to go off the roof on a raq550 (sun cobalt raq550) server with latest patch.

Can someone please tell me what could be in jump.cgi and rankem.cgi that are causeing "zombie processes" to go off roof???
Quote Reply
Re: [PlzHelpMe] jump.cgi & rankem.cgi are causing "Zombie Processes" to go off the roof In reply to
Have you modified the jump.cgi script? And what is the rankem.cgi script?

It might help if you posted a copy of your top processes, so that we can may be help to identify what the parent process that is causing the child process to become a "zombie".

Thanks.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Mar 22, 2004, 10:26 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] jump.cgi & rankem.cgi are causing "Zombie Processes" to go off the roof In reply to
Here's the attachment: (there are no hacks implemented in the scripts at all)

...and rankem.cgi script is from some other program that I've just stopped. It's from a Top Sites script. So, we don't need to worry about that one anymore; however, the "jump.cgi" which is the only script on the entire cgi-bin that's called "jump.cgi" from links v2 is still causing zumbie population as you can see in the image captured above/attached...

Last edited by:

PlzHelpMe: Mar 23, 2004, 1:30 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [PlzHelpMe] jump.cgi & rankem.cgi are causing "Zombie Processes" to go off the roof In reply to
bump!

anyone??
Quote Reply
This is probably the first anyone has ever posted such an anomoly. I suggest contacting GT for further assistance.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
I have exactly the same problem, on a RAQ550 too, with jump.cgi going zombie, sometimes over 1,000 zombie processes from the same jump.cgi.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks,
--Jo
Quote Reply
Re: [iplay] jump.cgi & rankem.cgi are causing "Zombie Processes" to go off the roof In reply to
Hi.

My guess would be its something not quite configured correctly in Apache/Perl. Processes should die on their own after xx hours/mins (depending on your settings).

I've had problems like this before.. and it turned out to just be the server was mis-configured (afraid I don't know what was done to fix it... they just did something, and it started working as it should Smile).

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!