Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

inside HITS dir problem

Quote Reply
inside HITS dir problem
How come i get an endless long list (more then a thousand Unsure of them) of hits files in my "Hits" folder in Admin????

They all look like this:

so it looks like this isn't really counting hits but something else because this it is also happening in my test installation that is online but all search pages are redirecting so there shouldn't be any visitors to these links categories or search results.

Why is this happening, how can it be stopped??

Thanks for any knowledge input
Quote Reply
Re: [gossy] inside HITS dir problem In reply to
somewhere along the line you are using jump.cgi, or some third party mod that also counts hits. that is the only way the hits directory will be getting filled. The only safe way (short of hacking Links to remove this function) is to edit all the HTNL code to use the real URL instead of using jump.cgi. Once you do a build, all these files will disappear.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.

Last edited by:

fuzzy thoughts: Nov 23, 2002, 12:43 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] inside HITS dir problem In reply to
In Reply To:
somewhere along the line you are using jump.cgi, or some third party mod that also counts hits. that is the only way the hits directory will be getting filled. The only safe way (short of hacking Links to remove this function) is to edit all the HTNL code to use the real URL instead of using jump.cgi. Once you do a build, all these files will disappear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for any closer look into this, really need to find out why this happens and why it is always only 1 link counted (but it does not show any counting in the links.db file itself).
Quote Reply
Re: [gossy] inside HITS dir problem In reply to
You could always just delete the hits folder; can't write to a file that ain't there!

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] inside HITS dir problem In reply to
Don't some os's create folders if they don't already exist when saving a file?

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.