Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

increasing url field

Quote Reply
increasing url field

Hi!

I want to increase the size of the url field and have read the posts on how to do this - via links.cfg or links.def.

My question is: if I already have a links database will this effect those links ?

Is editing the links.cfg/def file ALL that has to be done? I know that adding a field effects the whole links database, so want to ensure that increasing the url field size has no impact!
Quote Reply
Re: [lottos] increasing url field In reply to
No...changing the maximum length attribute of the URL column in your links.def file will not affect your current set of links. It will only affect future submissions and edits of those links (allowing for more characters).

Just edit the URL field definition in the links.def file.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] increasing url field In reply to
Keep in mind however, that if you were to decrease the limit at a later date, you may run into problems..

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] increasing url field In reply to
Uh...he didn't ask about decreasing the size, he clearly stated INCREASing the size...Tongue

buh bye!
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] increasing url field In reply to
God, Eliot! WTF is your problem? I know that's what he said but I was advising that he would have problems if he reverted back to defaults after increasing them.

When a client asks for advise, isn't it generally prudent to discuss the cons in addition to the pros?

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator

Last edited by:

King Junko II: Apr 11, 2002, 6:33 PM