Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

alex, need permission!

Quote Reply
alex, need permission!
i am on webtv and can't unzip files. there is this guy that unzips files for me but said that he couldn't unzip links because it was copyrighted and and said it couldn't be redistributed. so, could you e-mail me with permission for him to unzip it and send me the files. thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: alex, need permission! In reply to
This is funny!!! A WebTV is NOT a computer and you certainly need one in order to configure and run a Links web site.

And this friend of yours who was suppose to unzip the file for you has no clue either.

John

------------------
www.yahoosuck.com - it really does!
jmurphy@yahoosuck.com
Quote Reply
you have no idea what you are talking about! i have configured and created many cgi scripts on many different sites, with just a webtv. you do not need a computer to configure links.
Quote Reply
I think what jmurphy is trying to say is that WebTV is intended as web and e-mail access and not for actual web development. I have absolutely nothing against WebTV; I think it is wonderful for those people that don't want to invest in a computer that want web access. However, I don't know how feasable it would be for someone to set up web sites using something that was originally intended to give only WWW access and e-mail.
Quote Reply
I don't really think this guy asked anyone if he could use web tv to set up links. what he wants to use is his business. whatever works for him is cool. and the title of the thread is ALEX, need permission..not Can I use WebTV to configure links. so just give this guy a break and if you don't have anything good to say to him don't say anything at all.
Quote Reply
since alex never bothered to e-mail me with permission, could someone please unzip the file for me and send it to moocowind@usa.net
i really need this script. in my opinion, it's the only good cgi links script that i can find that has the functions i need. thanks.
Quote Reply
So he does not get 1000 copies, I sent him one this morning. Alex, hope this OK.