Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Won't update only certain sub-categories

Quote Reply
Won't update only certain sub-categories
I've been working on this problem for several days and always come up with the same problem. I have deleted and reinstalled links several time and did not helped.

I only have 134 links so that is not the problem. The category shows that there are suppose to be 8 and 4 links in sub-category but if you click on the link, it states that there are no links for that page.

When I build with "build all" it stops doing anything after "Generating detailed view pages"

When I build with staggered it stops doing anything after it builds the second to last sub-category and won't go onto the next step.

When I build with staggered all It seems to have no problems and finishes the process, however the links do not show up.

Does anyone know if this is a script problem or a problem with my server. The page can be viewed at http://www.sweepstakesandmore.com/links/Free_Stuff/ the categories that have problems are "Software and Downloads" and "Voicemail"

Any help would be appreciated.

Michelle
Quote Reply
Re: [sweepsandmore] Won't update only certain sub-categories In reply to
Seems to be showing them forf me :p

American Software Association
Brought to you by The American Software Association, all you pay is $4.97 per title ordered, which covers it all including shipping and handling. OFFER GOOD WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
~ Report Badlink
Cookbooks on CD-ROM
DISCOVER UNUSUAL RECIPES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD WITH OUR INTERNATIONAL COOKBOOK MEGA CD -- A $50 VALUE -- YOURS FREE! Surprise your family and friends with great dinner dishes they've never seen...and watch their tastebuds light up! Quickly search over 120,000 recipes to find gourmet appetizers, main dishes and more...for FREE! Click now!
~ Report Badlink

Sure its not just your browser caching an old copy?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] Won't update only certain sub-categories In reply to
My browser is not my problem. I hit the refresh button several times to make sure that it is not the problem. After I read your reply, I checked it out and sure enough the ones in "Software" were there but not the "Voicemail" links. I built it again using Staggered (auto) to see if I could get the "Voicemail" page to work. This time it totally wiped out all the info in my "Software" page leaving it a blank white page. Rebuilt again, got "Software" links to show up again but not "Voicemail".

On my server in my links/voicemail file it is blank between the two <!-- Links in this category. --> All the other category files show the links for their respective categories between the two <!-- Links in this category. -->. Because of that, I know the problem is that the links are not being built on the page(s).

Michelle
Quote Reply
Hi,

I had a similar problem in one of the installs somewhere. In fact an additional problem was that with the categories existing, when i tried to navigate to the same i was getting 404 error. Tried to include a .htaccess file in the links/pages directory and it worked. The content of .htaccess file:

DirectoryIndex index.html

Why that retified the problem is exactly not know to me Frown

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Won't update only certain sub-categories In reply to
You may want to access the actual page that is giving the problems via ftp an dcheck if there is a permisions problem... Posibly links 2 can't write to it???
Quote Reply
I moved my site to a new webhost and that solved my problem. If anyone else has a similar problem, I would suggest contacting your current webhost about their timeout setting or try switching to a new host.

Michelle