Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Users Manual

Quote Reply
Users Manual
Hi,

I've been searching and posting in the Links2 forum about a month now. And I'm having problems understanding the layout of the script.

Is there a Users Manual that shows the flowchart of how the Links2 scripts works. Where (and how) pages & templates are generated. A short description (topdown) would be of great use.

Also, this manual would help Eliot with the same questions being asked a million times.

Learning to type the correct search terms (for associated problem) would also be a great benefit.

:)
Craig

Keeping Complicated Simple
Quote Reply
Re: Users Manual In reply to
There is a FAQ in the Resource Center that describes the directory and file structure of Links 2.0. Also, junko (Drew) was about to release a portal site dedicated to Links 2.0, but I don't know if he is going to do that. Also, we have had discussions with the Resource Editor to separate the categories into more intuitive sub-categories and list more FAQs that may help Links 2.0 users.

Also...here is some advice (again) about using the Forum's search engine:

1) Select the forum that is most relevant to your question.

HINT: If it is an installation question, select the appropriate installation forum based on your OS and web server software. If it is a general discussion item, then search the Discussion forum. If it deals with a formal modification listed in the Resource Center or posted in the forums, then search the Modification Forum.

2) Use multiple keywords.

3) Select And...best operator for finding relevant threads. The others do not work as well.

4) Select All posts in the Date Range.

5) Type in more hits than 25, like 300 in the Hits field.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Re: Thanks AR In reply to
You are very helpful. I'm breaking down and reading every FAQ there is. AND, will be looking for junko's release. I've been fairly consistent at "entire message", I'll start trying "AND" with 300 instead of 25... ;)

Again, Thanks alot!
Wishing you a Great 1....

Craig

Keeping Complicated Simple
Quote Reply
Re: Thanks AR In reply to
You're welcome.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
FAQ's are all very well but they are NOT a proper installation manual, neither are they a manual to be used as a reference to make structured changes to the scripts. These are what I would like to see on he web site. FAQ's are for troubleshooting only.

Andy

Quote Reply
Welp...I would recommend contacting Gossamer Threads directly and suggest that they provide a manual with the next release of Links 2.0...although I don't see that happening for a long time.

Regards,

Eliot Lee