Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Unusual problem...

Quote Reply
Unusual problem...
When clicking on the new button a list of the new links show up but only up until 10 days ago as though nothing has been added for 10 days yet the links that have been added within this time show up in searches and in the directory. Another small problem i've found is that a recent entry shows up in a search showing it to be under a particular category but when going to that category the link is not there!
any help will be appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: Unusual problem... In reply to
What do you have your $db_new_cutoff set to in the links.cfg file? If it is 10, then that is why only the last ten days are showing up.

With regards to the "problem link"...have you by chance re-named a category recently? If so, you need to run the Check Cat function in your LINKS MANAGER console (admin.cgi).

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Thanks but it's not the last 10 days showing but up to 19th March and then nothing after that. I'll look at the Category Check thing now.
Quote Reply

Quote:
When clicking on the new button a list of the new links show up but only up until 10 days ago as though nothing has been added for 10 days yet the links that have been added within this time show up in searches and in the directory.

AND

Quote:
Thanks but it's not the last 10 days showing but up to 19th March and then nothing after that.

These statements are highly confusing...they are actually contradictory.

Wink

So, as I asked before...what do you have set for the $db_new_cutoff variable in the links.cfg file? Is it 10?

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Nope its 14 days. Yes it does look a little contradictory; in effect I have new links from 7 march up to 19 march but nothing after the 19th. However new links that show up in the searches do have the new icon by them.
Quote Reply
What changes have you made to the scripts recently?

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
In the last few days I had added the category title mod. I have just uploaded the backup files and the problems are still the same. The new links are still the same dates as yesterday so they are obviously not changing at all.
Quote Reply

Quote:
The new links are still the same dates as yesterday so they are obviously not changing at all.

Did you clear your cache in your web browser?

I know...dumb question...but some times it is the simple things that can cause problems.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Yes I did.
Quote Reply
Got to the root of both problems, I had renamed the files to build from .html to .shtml (must have been on the 19th) and in several folders (New included) I had forgotten to delete the index.html
Thanks
Quote Reply
Glad you figured it out.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center