Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Unkown Tag: build_root_url

Quote Reply
Unkown Tag: build_root_url
Hi!

I am new to GT and got everything installed perfectly, added the non english mod and a few more things to go. Everything worked correctly after a few minor adjustments (took hours to solve though). Added more addons yesterday and something screwed up so I uploaded the backed up files and now this happens when I want to validate new urls. Also in the sent mail to the user this shows up.

I have checked doublechecked and I canīt figure out what is missing or even where. I have searched all my pages, both the new and the old ones to see if there is any differens but as I donīt know cgi itīs not easy at all.

Does anyone have any ideas at all as to where something could be missing or a simple solution.

Best regards Carina
Quote Reply
Re: [Gokboet] Unkown Tag: build_root_url In reply to
Hi Carina,

There are many replies for this question. Please search it on this forum.

Ensure that the build_root_url tag is existed in the site_html_templates.pl file as below

%globals = (
date => &get_date,
time => &get_time,
db_cgi_url => $db_cgi_url,
build_root_url => $build_root_url,
site_title => $build_site_title,
css => $build_css_url,
banner => ''
);

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Unkown Tag: build_root_url In reply to
Thanks for the answer. I reinstalled everything so it works. I did search the forum but there are so many answer so it is really difficult to find out which is what and so on. I kept going or hours before I sort of just gave up. I have another problem thoug and I have searched the forums. I canīt get the <%title_linked%> to show in the category pages. The tag is there but no clickable link. I tried the hard way to figure out parts of the code if something was missing but...

I am using templates and the non_english mod as the language is swedish.

Thanks again, Carina
Quote Reply
<%title_linked%> needs to be in the category.html file and you need to re-build your directory after you edit that template file and most others.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Unkown Tag: build_root_url In reply to
Thanks for Your reply but I have done that several times, the code is in the template file. Rebuilding does not help at all. Thats why I am one big questionmark.

Thank You anyway.

Carina
Quote Reply
Are you using the online template editor (via the admin.cgi script) or are you editing your templates off-line and then FTPing them to your server?

If it's the latter, then I would DOUBLE check to make sure that you have the EDITed copy of the CATEGORY.HTML template file in your web account.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Unkown Tag: build_root_url In reply to
Thank You for Your quick reply. I use Coffecup so they are manually redone and ftpīd. The correct links or codes are in there and the only thing that is linked is the "home" or in swedish "hem" link. This is not as it should be if I have understood it correctly.

<%title_linked%> should link to the subtitel if everything is correct.

Hem : : Djur/Gojor is my result. "Hem" is clickable, subtitle djur is not and subsub is the one that I am on which if I have understood it correctly is not clickable.

This is my template code:

<p><strong class=
"title"> <%title_linked%> </strong></p>
<h1><%site_title%> : <%category_clean%> </h1>

I think it has something to do with the non_english mod but I donīt know.

Thank You again.

Carina