Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Trying to use slash "/" in category name.

Quote Reply
Trying to use slash "/" in category name.
When I put a slash in the category name (eg. Computers/Internet) - it lets me add the category with no errors, however the category never shows up in the directory.

I can search for, find, and edit the category on the admin side, but it still never shows on the user end.

I tried doing the special characters mod I found here in the forum, but that didn't help. I wasn't surprised, though since the slash should already work without that mod.

I searched the forums for this problem, but I can't seem to find anything on this specific issue.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance..

(I wasn't sure if this belonged in discussions or customization. I apologize if this is the wrong place.)
Quote Reply
Re: [mun] Trying to use slash "/" in category name. In reply to
Putting the slash in creates a new subdiretory:

Computers = yoursite.com/Computers

Computers/Internet = yoursite.com/Computers/Internet

Are you building after adding categories? They won't appear until you do.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Trying to use slash "/" in category name. In reply to
Thanks for the reply Smile

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you are saying with that first part. I don't want to create subdirectories.

I just have a bunch of category names that I need a slash in such as Computers/Internet, Banks/Credit Unions, etc.

Are you saying that's not possible? (Please tell me that's not what you are saying LOL)

And, yes I am building after adding the categories.

~Sara
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Trying to use slash "/" in category name. In reply to
Okay, I just figured out what you meant by the subdirectories. I added the category "Computers" and then the other one I had with the slash turned into a subdirectory in there for "Internet".

So now I guess it really isn't possible to just get a slash in the category name. I'll probably just end up using "&" instead of "/".

Thanks so much for the help!

~Sara