Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Subcategories in home page

Quote Reply
Subcategories in home page
Is it possible with links2 to print in the home page a list of category and subcategorie (level 1 and 2).
Quote Reply
Re: Subcategories in home page In reply to
By default, Links will only show the top level categories on the home page. If you want the subcategories for those top level categories to show, you need to modify things and/or add a routine to display them.

There are many different ways to do that and there are many discussions about that in the forums that you can search for to see how others have done it.
Quote Reply
Here is how I do it.

Put whatever subcategories you want to show on your home page in that Categories description field. You have to do this in HTML using the A HREF tag and everything. To make it show underneath you will have to edit the Category subroutine to alter the layout. I find that this work great.

Joe
Quote Reply
Jokari,

I'm quite new to this. Can you explain WHAT to modify in WHERE to have the subcategories get left-aligned with the categories?

Thanks!

------------------
Alex Tutusaus
Atyc WebDesigns
http://www.webcamworld.com/
Quote Reply
Hi jokari,
and thank you for this simple but usefull trick. It works well.
Quote Reply
Hi Webcamworld,

You can edit how the Categories are displayed in the site_html_templates.pl file under the site_html_print_cat subroutine. Its toward the end of the file. In the $output portion of the subroutine, you will need to put a <BR> tag in just before the $description call.

Also, thanks lory, glad to be of help.

Joe