Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Search Wierdness

Quote Reply
Search Wierdness
Let's see if I can explain this:

I was checking my stats, and someone used my search engine to find something, so just to see what it brought up, I did the search to, but nothing showed up.

The problem being, I know I added a link that should've shown up with the search they did, but it didn't.

I added this link on April 16th, it's listed under "New Links", but when I searched my Admin by a word in it's title still nothing came up for it.

What's going on and how can I fix it?

Sonja Marie
Quote Reply
Re: [SonjaMarie] Search Wierdness In reply to
Grrr I lost a hunk of links again, this must be why I was having a search problem. I have to download the backup from yesterday and upload it :P

Sonja Marie
Quote Reply
Re: [SonjaMarie] Search Wierdness In reply to
ITs cos you are using Links 2, which is a flat file database. When you run a search, it opens the file, and reads it to get the results. However, if you get a few hundred eople at a time doing this, it corrupts the file (i.e loosing links). Its not a problem with Links 2, but more with flat file databases.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] Search Wierdness In reply to
Thanks for the explanation. Can't afford Links SQL, guess I'll just have to keep fixing it whenever I lose links.

Sonja Marie