Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Script Not Parsing commands?

Quote Reply
Script Not Parsing commands?
Hi there-
I have links 2.0 installed, no errors, all permissions correct, BUT it wont do anything- I go into the admin.cgi, and try to do anything, add a category, add a link, whatever, and it simple reloads the admin.cgi script in the middle screen when I hit the button to do what I am trying to do- like when adding a category, you hit add category, and it is supposed to give you a confirmation that it was added, etc- this installation just loads up the script again in the middle frame, and nothing was done, like the server isnt understanding the arguements sent via the form, does this make any sense? I am on a dedicated server, so I have root access- is there some server config missing? I have otherscripts, like an auction script that is running fine- if you want to see what I mean, look at http://www.wahmall.com/links/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi
(not password protected yet, no reason to!)

Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Reply
Re: Script Not Parsing commands? In reply to
The problem is the following variables in the links.cfg file:

1) $db_script_path
2) $db_lib_path
3) $db_script_url

Check to make sure that the first variable is pointing to your COMPLETE ABSOLUTE path to where your admin files are located (like db.pl, admin_html.pl, etc.). The second variable should equal the $db_script_path. The last variable should look like the following:

Code:

$db_script_url = $db_dir_url . "/admin.cgi"; # Admin script.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I think those viables were correct- I seem to have fixed it by changing the POST's to GET's, in admin_html.pl any idea why this works?

Quote Reply
Because you or your hosting company have not properly configured your dedicated server to allow Post method for forms.

Regards,

Eliot Lee