Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

STRANGE!!!

Quote Reply
STRANGE!!!

This is weird.. I just got done adding my links, and the counts show that i have 1 more than i actually do..

I went into ADMIN, and CHECKED CATEGORIES, and get a message saying:

WARNING!

You have some links in your links database that are associated with a category that doesnt exist!

You can ADD, DELETE, or MOVE to another category...

Odly enough, no links are shown.. Ther radio buddons cannot be checked... and just pressing UPDATE CATEGORIES, simply brings up another error message of:

NO CATEGORY SELECTED (it doesnt let me choose one for the link you cant see)..

I know it sounds confusing, but someone must know what im talking about..

Quote Reply
Re: STRANGE!!! In reply to
What mods have you have added before you experienced this problem?

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Well, these are the first links ive added to the script.. I just added the "Spider" mod.. The one that just displays the spidered info on the screen, but doesnt save it as a file..

But over the last week or so, ive added a few.. Did i makorly screw something up?
Quote Reply
Well, it could be a problem associated with the other Mods you've added to your site. The best thing to do is wait for your script to stablize (and test the Mods thoroughly) before moving on to other Mods.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
hehe.. Smile What do you mean by waiting for my script to stabalize? (you make it sound like it has the flu or something).. Smile

What am i waiting for.. Quite honestly, the script is running great.. Just that i added 145 links, and the main screen is saying i have 146.. And CHECK CATEGORIES says theres a link that belonged to a deleted category, but it doesnt list me the link, so theres nothing i can do about it..

Quote Reply
Stabilize...I mean that after thoroughly testing Mods...then you install new mods. Installed mods one after another without thorough testing is not a good method of improving your directory.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Makes alot of sense. However (although great advice), doesnt help me to solve the problem at hand..
Quote Reply
Don't know how to solve your problem, which is embedded in the multiple Mods you have added. Without a clear sense of what you have done to your LINKS database, I cannot provide you any further assistance.

May be others will be able to provide some assistance.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------