Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Revolutionize the way searching is done!

Quote Reply
Revolutionize the way searching is done!
Ive seen a similiat topic to this in previous posts, yet still have not seen a satisfactory answer, yet. I have a database and I have it setup with the links 2.0 Mod so people can rate my site off of their site. However how can I setup links so that both when someone searches my index and when someone looks at a category in my index they see the results based on the sites with the most amount of votes/highest rank????

I have thought about this for awhile and am really interested in establishing this developement for my index. I have seen a previous post by steveb where he came up with a good ranking system, similiar too what I was thinking...My system is summarized by:

1. All sites start off with 0 points
2. If someone rates the site a 10 it gets 15 points (to encourage the higher quality sites too appear first)
3. All other ratings from the site,(1-9) are added to the sites points total as themselves (example a rating of a 9 = 9 points added to the sites totals)

This is a great idea that will provide people with the best sites displayed first, and will improve the engine/index immensely.
Please if someone can make a mod or show me how to do this, it would be really really appreciated thanks! Also, if its an incentive..I will compensate you with some money if you can provide me with this mod--John

------------------
Theres only now, theres only this, forget regret or life is yours too miss. No other road, no other way, no other day but today!