Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

ReceiveMail (Invalid Format)

Quote Reply
ReceiveMail (Invalid Format)
Users receive the following when trying to modify a site....

There were the following errors trying to modify your resource:

ReceiveMail (Invalid format)

This is with Links 2.0. Any suggestions?

Quote Reply
Re: ReceiveMail (Invalid Format) In reply to
Do you have an <input> tag in the modify form for that field? If so, what type of tag is it? Can you post the tag so we can see? If you do not have an <input> tag in your modify form, and you don't get the error with the add a link form that users submit, then something else is wrong someplace. Check the following things in links.def:

1. Your ReceiveMail field definintion in %db_def looks like this:

Quote:
ReceiveMail => [13, 'alpha', 10, 10, 1, 'Yes', 'No|Yes']

2. %add_system_fields contains an entry like this:

Quote:
ReceiveMail => 'Yes'

3. %db_select_fields contains:

Quote:
ReceiveMail => 'Yes,No'

1 thru 3 above is based on the assumption that the field is required and not changeable via the add/modify forms by the user.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Thanks....

I looked, and they were ok.

I spent some time looking at the database.

Apparently, the Yes/No for E-mail was set for a lot with Yes and No, and the others with zero. I changed the Zero's to Yes.

I'm not sure if this was made when I converted the old links database to the new or not. I had put in the Rate-it hack into the old links. More than likely things got lost in the conversion (The #votes had decimal numbers which leads).

Thanks!

Lance
Quote Reply
Ah.. perhaps you didn't know that the old Rate It mod for Links v1 and the Votes/Ratings in Links v2 were not compatible.

The votes and rating fields in Links v2 are in reverse order from the way the Links v1 Rate It mod has them. So, unless you reverse the order of the Votes and Rating fields in %db_def in links.def, the Votes point to the ratings in links.db and Rating points to the votes in links.db.

I hope this is making sense.