Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

nph-verify

Quote Reply
nph-verify
I have installed 2.1, and I am still unable to get a complete verify to run.

It has been run through the broswer, and via Telnet and it is stopping around #200. Telnet gets a few more competed, but it still stops.

There are not error messages from either way that I try it. However, when performing via Telnet, it just seems to lock up. Thinking that it may be hung on a specific #, I checked the new few and they seem to be okay.

I checked the log files, and have not found any errors in there either.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Rick

Quote Reply
Re: nph-verify In reply to
Same problem.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...mit=25&Old=1year

Quote Reply
I checked your post, and that does seem to be the same problem that we are having.

Have you been able to correct it?

Quote Reply
No, I am not good enough with Perl nor do I have enough knowledege of or access to the shared server to move forward on this problem. I hope someone else will have some insight.

I may go so far as to Verify on my local system, by setting up Active Perl and mirroring my installation of Links. It does work this way, but it is very, very slow since I'm on a dialup connection :(

Maybe someone could devise a way to easily break up the Verify process into batches of x-number of links... I tend to think this would be one solution...

Quote Reply
It is unfortunate, because we just don't have the funds available to step up to the SQL version. That would probably solve the whole problem.

Quote Reply
Yes...in Links SQL...the verify process spawns child processes, which basically breaks up the verify into different sets of links and then verifies them. Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
How difficult would it be to create a mod or a even a new Verify script which could break up the Verify process into either automatic or better, user-specified chunks (e.g. verify just links 1-150)?

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
How difficult would it be to create a mod or a even a new Verify script which could break up the Verify process into either automatic or better, user-specified chunks (e.g. verify just links 1-150)?
On a scale of 1 - 10 (1- not very difficult, 10-very difficult) in terms of difficulty (at least for me), I would rate it around 7.5. Would I want to re-program the script? Nah...I use Links SQL now...don't need to. Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee