Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

file attributes of links.db is changed by LINKS 2!

Quote Reply
file attributes of links.db is changed by LINKS 2!
Hi there,

LINKS 2 is changing the file attribute of my links.db and changing its size to 0 after running the BUILD ALL command!! When I try to do any rating for any link later, it gives me the following message Unable to find link with ID so and so!! because obviously it links.db was set to 0 size (cleaned)!
Can anybody help here?
Quote Reply
Re: file attributes of links.db is changed by LINKS 2! In reply to
1) Use the codes in the FAQ in the Resource Center that maintains the permission of the links.db file to 666 (rw-rw-rw-).

2) If that doesn't work, then it may relate to a large file size, like over 1 MG. If the links.db file is over 1 MG, then your server may be deleting it...it happens with flat files. If this is the reason...say hello to LINKS SQL.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
HI there,

thank you for your help. I've used the code and it fixed the permissions issue, links.db is maintaining it's 666 permissions. BUT, the problem is still there as links.db size is reset to 0 in all cases. My links.db is not large as we just started the site and actually it has nothing in it! HEELLLPPPP!! :-)

------------------
Dr Pure
Quote Reply
1) Check to make sure that you have a url.db file in the same directory as your links.db file. And that this file is set to 666 (rw-rw-rw-).

2) If that does not work, then I would HIGHLY recommend that you contact your hosting company.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Hi,

The url.db is maintaining its 666 permissions and is available in the same directory. But the odd thing is that links.db.bak is created with (-rw-r--r--) permission!! do you think this has anything to do with it?
Quote Reply
Could be...although the FAQ, I believe, covers maintaining Read and Write permissions for all users (rw-rw-rw-) with the .bak file as well.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center