Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

add resource button is dead

Quote Reply
add resource button is dead
Hi,

Everything was working fine. then the add resource button on add.html page went dead. nothing happens when you click on it, it goes nowhere, no error message, nothing at all.

what happened.

thanks,
rafi
Quote Reply
Re: add resource button is dead In reply to
How about providing us the URL to your add form, so that we can look at the HTML source code???

Possible reasons:

1) This could be related to embedded form tags in your add.html file.

2) This could be related to Mods you have installed without adding the proper code to the add.html file or other add template files.

3) You have not included the name="process_form" attribute in your submit input field.

But without seeing your add form...I am playing the good 'ol guessing game in the dark, blindfolded, with my hands tied behind my back.

Smile

Please provide an URL to your add form.

Thanks.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com
Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Silly me, I guess my frustration took over my common sense.

the url is http://www.fashionfirst.com/cgi/links/add.cgi

another problem, I cant seem to get the index.html page to show as the first page. I have the other threads and even followed the suggestion you made in another thread, but I am getting a cgi error message when building from the admin page.

thanks,
rafi
Quote Reply
The problem with your add form is that you have a closing </form> tag right after the form action code line. Take out the </form> after the form action codes.

Your form should look like the following:

Code:
<form action="http://www.fashionfirst.com/cgi/links/add.cgi" method="POST">
<div class="margin">

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top"><font face="Arial" size="2">Title:</font></td>
<td><font face="Arial" size="2"><input name="Title" size="50"></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top"><font face="Arial" size="2">URL:</font></td>
<td><font face="Arial" size="2"><input name="URL" size="50"></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top"><font face="Arial" size="2">Category:</font></td>
<td><font face="Arial" size="2"><SELECT NAME="Category" SIZE=1><OPTION>---<OPTION>Beauty<OPTION>Beauty/E-tailers<OPTION>Beauty/Products<OPTION>Computers<OPTION& gt;Computers/Hardware<OPTION>Computers/Software<OPTION>Designers<OPTION>Designers/Childrenswear<OPTION>Designers/Cou ture<OPTION>Designers/Footwear<OPTION>Designers/Jewelry<OPTION>Designers/Leather_Goods<OPTION>Designers/Lingerie< OPTION>Designers/Menswear<OPTION>Designers/Womenswear<OPTION>Manufacturers<OPTION>Manufacturers/Belts_and_Suspenders&lt ;OPTION>Manufacturers/Childrens_Wear<OPTION>Manufacturers/Costume_Jewelry<OPTION>Manufacturers/Fine_Jewelry<OPTION>Manu facturers/Footwear<OPTION>Manufacturers/Gloves_and_Mittens<OPTION>Manufacturers/Hair_Accessories<OPTION>Manufacturers/Hand bags<OPTION>Manufacturers/Hats<OPTION>Manufacturers/Lingerie<OPTION>Manufacturers/Mens_Clothing<OPTION>Manufacturers /Neck_Wear<OPTION>Manufacturers/Womens_Clothing<OPTION>Personal_Pages<OPTION>Personal_Pages/Models<OPTION>Profession al_Services<OPTION>Professional_Services/Accountants<OPTION>Professional_Services/Advertising_Agencies<OPTION>Professional _Services/Attorneys<OPTION>Professional_Services/Buying_Offices<OPTION>Professional_Services/Employment_Agencies<OPTION>Pr ofessional_Services/Factors<OPTION>Professional_Services/Fashion_Show_Producers<OPTION>Professional_Services/Graphic_Designers&l t;OPTION>Professional_Services/Messenger_Service<OPTION>Professional_Services/Modeling_Agencies<OPTION>Professional_Services/ Movers<OPTION>Professional_Services/PR_Agencies<OPTION>Professional_Services/Pattern_Makers<OPTION>Professional_Services/P hotographers<OPTION>Professional_Services/Retail_Consultants<OPTION>Professional_Services/Sales_Representatives<OPTION>Pro fessional_Services/Screen_Printing<OPTION>Professional_Services/Shoe_Repair<OPTION>Professional_Services/Stylists<OPTION>P rofessional_Services/Suppliers<OPTION>Professional_Services/Suppliers/Beads<OPTION>Professional_Services/Suppliers/Buckels<OP TION>Professional_Services/Suppliers/Fabrics<OPTION>Professional_Services/Suppliers/Knit_Goods<OPTION>Professional_Services/S uppliers/Labels_and_Hang_Tags<OPTION>Professional_Services/Suppliers/Sequins<OPTION>Professional_Services/Suppliers/Trims<OPT ION>Professional_Services/Suppliers/Yarn_and_Thread<OPTION>Professional_Services/Suppliers/Zippers<OPTION>Professional_Servic es/Travel_Agencies<OPTION>Professional_Services/Trend_Forcasting_Services<OPTION>Publications<OPTION>Publications/Consumer <OPTION>Publications/Trade<OPTION>Retailers<OPTION>Retailers/Catalogs<OPTION>Retailers/Childrenswear<OPTION>Re tailers/Costume_Jewelry<OPTION>Retailers/Department_Stores<OPTION>Retailers/Fine_Jewelry<OPTION>Retailers/Footwear<OPTI ON>Retailers/Menswear<OPTION>Retailers/Neckwear<OPTION>Retailers/Specialty_Stores<OPTION>Retailers/Womenswear<OPTION >Schools<OPTION>Schools/Asia<OPTION>Schools/Canada<OPTION>Schools/Europe<OPTION>Schools/North_America<OPTION&g t;Schools/South_America<OPTION>eTailers</SELECT></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top"><font face="Arial" size="2">Description:</font></td>
<td><font face="Arial" size="2"><textarea wrap="virtual" name="Description" rows="3"
cols="42"></textarea></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top"><font face="Arial" size="2">Contact Name:</font></td>
<td><font face="Arial" size="2"><input name="Contact Name" value size="40"></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right" valign="top"><font face="Arial" size="2">Contact Email:</font></td>
<td><font face="Arial" size="2"><input name="Contact Email" value size="40"></font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td><font face="Arial" size="2"><input type="SUBMIT" value="Add Resource"></font></td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
</form>

Please be more specific about WHAT cgi errors you are receiving! Thank you.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thank you so much, the form works perfectly fine. I have no idea on how those tags got there Smile

Here is the error message that I am getting.
-------------------------------------------
Building Category: Beauty
Subcategories: 2
Links: 0
Making Directory (511): '/home/www/fashionfirst.com/Beauty' ...mkdir failed! Reason: Permission denied.
Directory: /home/www/fashionfirst.com/Beauty
Filename : /home/www/fashionfirst.com/Beauty/index.html

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : unable to open category page: /home/www/fashionfirst.com/Beauty/index.html. Reason: No such file or directory
Script Location : /home/www/fashionfirst.com/cgi/links/admin/nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503

thanks again,
rafi
Quote Reply
You have to change the permission of your index.html in the root directory of your account to 777 (rwxrwxrwx), so that the other directories and files can be built.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
----------------------

Quote Reply
I have tried that, I saw your last reply to another individual and followed directions.

I am getting the same error message.

thanks,
rafi
Quote Reply
Another suggestion...while not recommended is to change the permission of your ROOT directory to 777.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
----------------------

Quote Reply
thank you very much for all your help. Your last suggestion worked,my problems are solved for now.

Regards,
Rafi
Quote Reply
Good...BTW: I cannot be held accountable if your hosting company has problems with you changing the permission of your ROOT directory to 777, which many hosting companies frown upon.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
----------------------

Quote Reply
Eliot,

not to worry because I have my own box and am hosting my own site. no one else has access to it. but thanks for the warning and I do appreciate your help.

rafi