Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Verifying links doesn't work

Quote Reply
Verifying links doesn't work
In the admin page, when i click quick check or detailed in the verifying links section, it gives an error:

Link checking started at: Sun May 7 15:22:54 2000
--------------------------------------------------------
Unable to load Parallel User Checker. System Error:
--
Can't locate LWP/Parallel/Protocol.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /data1/hypermart.net/forsurfersnet/cgi-bin/links/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/i386-bsdos/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-bsdos /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /data1/hypermart.net/forsurfersnet/cgi-bin/links/admin/LWP/Parallel/UserAgent.pm line 77.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /data1/hypermart.net/forsurfersnet/cgi-bin/links/admin/Validator.pm line 26.
--
Using IO::Socket method instead.

--------------------------------------------------------
Checked 3 - Request Failed (500). Message: Internal Error. URL: http://www.forsurfers.net
Quote Reply
Re: Verifying links doesn't work In reply to
Check the following:

1) Make sure that you have the complete LWP module that comes with LINKS installed in your $db_lib_path directory.

2) Make sure that your Validator.pm module is in your $db_lib_path defined in the links.cfg file.

3) Check with your hosting company to make sure that you can either use the LWP module that comes with LINKS or use the compiled LWP module in the server.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

[This message has been edited by AnthroRules (edited May 08, 2000).]