Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Using SSI?

Quote Reply
Using SSI?
Hello, everyone.
I just downloaded and installed Links 2.0. It was a snap Smile, even though it's my 5th script, it wasn't hard at all.

After, I played around with the script, I decided to blend it into my design. Not the thing is that I use SSI in my design. I would really like to use SSI or something similar to that in the script as well, but my host allows only .shtml extensions if you want to use SSI. Now the thing is what do I do? Maybe there is some sort of a script that allows similar thing.
Of course, I can type in the whole code, but it defeats the whole purpose. And then I'll have to update about 20 pages again Frown
If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on what I can do, I can certainly appreciate them
Thanks for reading this
Boris
Quote Reply
Re: Using SSI? In reply to
If you are referrring to header and footer sections of your web pages...there is a FAQ in the Resource Center (linked at the top of every forum Home Page) that addresses this.

BTW: The Resource Center is the first place to check for ideas, answers, and also modifications to LINKS.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
You can use SSI codes in the .shtml created files.

You can also use the Enhanced Templates.pm file in the Resource Center that will allow you to include files in the following manner:

Code:
<%include header.txt%>

Functions like the following codes:

Code:
<--#include virtual="/path/to/header.txt"-->

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Hello, Eliot
I just found site_html_templates.pl file. If I'll change extensions there from .html to .shtml, will it work? Because I know that if I have .shtml extension the SSI will work.

And if not, then what's the purpose of this file?
Thanks
Boris
Quote Reply
Uh...NO. The file you to edit and change the $build_extension variable from .html to .shtml is in the links.cfg file.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
No, that's not what I mean... my whole site is made up of 4 different SSI files. I want to use them on Links 2.0 to blend the script with my site
Boris
Quote Reply
OK< so if I'm creating a new set of pages with .shtml extension in the Templates folder with my desig and SSI files... is there any other file that I need to edit to make the script know that I'm using .shtml and NOT .html...
Thanks
Boris