Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Templates

Quote Reply
Templates
I use the e-mail templates but not the others, can I delete the templates I don't use?
Quote Reply
Re: Templates In reply to
If you are not using templates...then you can delete all the other template files.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
What if certain templates are referenced by nph-build.cgi or site_html_templates.pl, will that cause problems deleting the templates without also deleting the references?

Dan
Quote Reply
Nope....The only templates that you need for both non-templates and template systems are the email modifications.

Other than that...all you have to do is set the template variable to 0 in the links.cfg file and use the site_html.pl.

Dan, I don't know what you are referring to, because if you use site_html.pl and also set templates off, the nph-build.cgi will only look at your site_html.pl file to build pages!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
How did site_html.pl sneak into the conversation? I was kinda going a step beyond what sawz was asking... whether or not it's a problem to remove some templates that are not being used, but leaving others (and still using site_html_templates.pl).

Dan
Quote Reply
Again...I don't know what you are referring to. If you use Mods, like SiteofDay Mod, you can add those modifications in the site_html.pl. If you do not use templates, you do not need site_html_templates.pl, and therefore you do not need the extraneous template files.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. Smile
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited February 13, 2000).]
Quote Reply
so if I'm not using templates, I can delete site_html_templates.pl also?
Quote Reply
Yes.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
ty
Quote Reply
yw.

Wink

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------